Current version 2010 vs. version 2000
- The revised version of the Incoterms, valid since January 01, 2011, only contains eleven clauses in place of 13.
- They have been divided into two categories:
a. Clauses EXW, FCA, CPT, CIP, DDP and newly DAP and DAT applicable to all types of transport, which replace DEQ, DAF, DES and DDU.
b. FAS, FOB, CFR, CIF exclusively for maritime navigation and inland navigation.
- DAP replaces DAF, DES and DDU.
- DAT replaces DEQ.
- With CIF, CFR and FOB the transfer of risk only occurs where the goods are set down on the ship’s deck (previously: ship railing).
- New to the C clauses is the purchaser’s obligation to provide the insurance-relevant information.